Friday, April 24, 2015

The Difference Between Then and Now

I read stuff from young commentators today and wonder how they could write such insightful commentary. It is hard for me to remember the quality and depth of insight I had when I was a similar age.

But as I reflect upon some of my writings and insights from when I first entered the industry, the quality and depth of those insights were not all that much different from the good stuff I see from young commentators today.

What has changed for me is a more honed approach toward investing (stripping away the dross) and a greater skepticism toward smart people based on those 25+ years of experience. Whereas I was trying to work out what works and what doesn't back then, today I have a greater appreciation for messiness of life.




No comments:

Post a Comment