Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Want to Repent of My Sins

I want to repent of my sins, but I am not sure it will change who I am.

The main sin I want to repent of, is the sin of tardiness. Or, more specifically, the sin of being too slow in changing my opinion. I have this nasty tendency of being way too slow in adopting a new outlook. It means that I am late to the party, and therefore miss a decent portion of the fun. It also often means, that I am so slow in changing my opinion/outlook, that I am actually ahead of the consensus. As such this tendency plays havoc with my convictions, but it also plays into my contrarian nature.

The biggest issue I deal with when considering a change in opinion/outlook is the fear of regret due to anchoring. Regret that I'll change my outlook just as the consensus comes around to my position.

All of which is to say, that I am currently doing my next year review and am seeing a lot of things pointing to a more constructive environment than where I am presently at.

No comments:

Post a Comment