Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson Died

I, like everyone else who came of age in the 80s, have the beats from his music, the sound of his voice, and the images of his videos ingrained on my mind.

I was sad, but perhaps not surprised to hear of his passing. And it saddens me to think of his life. It has to be hard to be a famous person. Whether a rock star, movie star, or a President. Most famous people have a time in the sun, then recede to the shadows. But some continue to occupy a place in the public mind. Michael Jackson was one. This is a day you remember, much like when Elvis died (I was only 10 at the time, but remember it distinctly).

And let's not forget another icon from a period. Farrah Fawcett died on the same day. Charlie's Angels and the Six Million Dollar Man, almost defined my youthful tv viewing (can't forget Dr. Who either...and many others as I come to think on it).

No comments:

Post a Comment